Show Your Support for the People of Burma
Public resistance against the military regime’s elections on 7 November has been mounting inside Burma. In the last two weeks before the elections, Burma’s border-based groups, diaspora and solidarity organizations around the world are organizing actions to demonstrate their support for people inside Burma and their resistance efforts. We are also calling on national governments to denounce the elections and refuse to recognize the results. News of these actions will be spread inside Burma through various media and methods.
Now is the time to stand in solidarity with the people of Burma!
What can you do?
- Join a local action. See the list of events around the world here.
- Write a letter to your MP or head of state. Download a template letter calling for national governments to refuse to recognize the results of the elections here.
- Send an online message of solidarity to the people of Burma who are continuing to resist the regime’s elections. These messages will be sent into Burma through various mediums, such as satellite TV and radio. You can either leave a message by clicking here, or tweet a message with the following hashtag: #msg4burma. See all the messages so far here.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Tell your family and friends about Burma and the elections.
See the list of events around the world here.
See the full toolkit here.