1. Union Minister U Aung Min and KIO representatives met on 4 February, 2013, beginning at 9:00AM in Shweli (Riuli), Yunnan, China, and concluding at 4:19PM.
2. Also attending were Ambassador Luo Zhaohui, Chinese Foreign Ministry, Saw Mutu Say Poe, Chairperson of the Karen National Union (KNU) and Phado Saw Kawei Htoo Win, General Secretary of the KNU, 3 representatives (including Sai Lu, Brigadier-General) of the Restoration Council of Shan State/SSA, U Harn Yawnghwe and Victor Biak Lian.
3. The specific issues dealt with were, establishing a channel of communication to link the two sides, the means to reduce the tight tension that currently exists between the sides, and discussions as regards a meeting to follow when the attendance of observers and desired organizations could be included.
4. To enable a meeting to follow, the KIO will consult with UNFC to select a date before the end of February; it is agreed that in that meeting the government and KIO representatives will continue the pursuit of political discussion.
5. In order to be able to proceed rapidly with building a basis for stable peace the government and the KIO will seek to develop as soon as possible a practical plan to address and assuage the specially difficult and intransigent areas of the present conflict.Burmese, Ceasefire Negotiations, Kachin Independence Organization, Union Peace Working Committee